Long time, no blog! I am sure everyone is enjoying their summer and keeping busy. I am currently sitting on my front porch enjoying the beautiful New England sunshine 🙂 Sometimes when I am most relaxed, I think of the things I do in order to decompress and have an overall good day!
I wanted to share 5 things I have incorporated into my everyday routine with you guys. The reason I am sharing these with you is because these things have helped me to get a kick start to my everyday and have overall improved my well-being.
I think that life goes by so fast and people easily lose sight of that one little thing they love. This one thing they have lost sight of makes their day better 🙂 My personal thought on this is you have to take 5 minutes of your day to do at least one thing you love. Seriously, that one thing could change your day!
If you are unsure of what your “niche” could be, maybe this will inspire you! Lets begin 🙂
- Morning Run – I catch a 7:20 AM train in order to go to NYC for my internship. I personally enjoy waking up early. Some days I wake up at 5:30 AM in order to go on a morning run. Everyone says that I am crazy, but this really helps me decompress and think about what my day will entail. I know waking up at the crack of dawn isn’t everyone’s favorite thing, but once you get used to it, you might realize you like it 🙂
- Almond Milk Iced Latte – That right there is my everyday coffee order. Not going to lie, I drop $25 dollars a week on coffee alone. Some of you guys might read that and say to yourself “that is insane”! However, coffee is one thing I will go all out on. I enjoy going to little coffee shops in NY everyday. Is it overpriced? YES, but I love giving money to small coffee shops with charm, rather than a Starbucks or Dunkin.
- Walk around Bryant Park on my lunch break – Sitting at your desk all day is seriously just an invitation to be in a cranky mood. I have started to eat my lunch while I work. On my lunch break , I take a walk around Bryant Park. This walk helps me admire the beauty outside the office and enjoy the smaller things in life. If you know me well, you know I am a big people watcher. Seriously, if you take a few minutes a day to look at the people around you , you may learn something new or become inspired to do something enjoyable that they are doing.
- Reading my daily horoscope and sending some of my friends theirs too – Personally, I love reading my daily horoscope. For me, it relates to a lot of what I am going through/thinking sometimes. I even started sending my friends theirs in the morning. It gets you thinking and it is kind of fun. So, now you just learned a fun fact about me! I am one of those crazy daily horoscope readers!
- Listening to my favorite album – Music is a great way to kickstart your day and end it. Right now my favorite album is Khalid’s, American Teen, album. I love his voice and I listen to it on the train every morning and evening. Some songs even going on repeat, 10 times or more. I encourage you to find just that one song that makes your day better 🙂
I am going to end this blog with a quote:
” When you love what you have , you have everything you need”. With that said, stop searching and enjoy what is around you!
XOXO Taylor ❤